Africa Information & Communication Technologies Alliance (AfICTA) is a concerned private sector led alliance of concerned ICT Associations, Multi-national Corporations, Companies, Organisations and individuals in the ICT sector in Africa.
Our vision is to fulfill the promise of the digital age for everyone in Africa.
Our mission is to encourage multi-stakeholder dialogue fostering accelerated and ICT enabled development in Africa and the use of cutting-edge innovative technologies including mobile, computing and satellite technologies to achieve an Information society in Africa.
Our goals are to
- Organise non-government ICT stakeholders in Africa for effective local and continental advocacy
- Be the focal point for Africa ICT advocacy in the global digital economy.
- Promote constant improvement in African digital literacy in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Create partnerships with the African Union and all the regional economic commissions towards realizing global sustainable development targets for Africa
- Support effective dialogue between members and policy makers.
- Mobilise the core leadership of African ICT professionals and experts in the business community, academic and technical community and civil society to be fully engaged in the global Internet Governance multi-stakeholder dialogues.
- Promote business partnerships between members and their associations' members.
- Contribute to capacities building by promoting best practices, encouraging regional projects, sharing data (skills, expertise, events, business announcements, exhibitions, seminars),
- Organise an annual regional summit for knowledge sharing and cross-African advocacy.